Staff and students at the HCT-Sharjah Women’s campus (SJW) were treated to a day of music, laughter, fun, fitness, sports games and challenges at the campus’s annual Sports & Fitness Festival, at the Sports Complex outdoor courts, participants could enjoy the beautiful weather.
Students had an array of activities to participate in, including:
- Fun fitness and games area; boxing
- 3–in-a-row and giant jenga
- Tug of war
- A huge 28-meter obstacle course
- The Boot Camp challenger which consisted of running through blown up tyres, rope swing, scrambling through tunnels, mastering the crossed wires before climbing up the mountain to end with a fun slide
- Friendly sports games, such as basketball, volleyball, badminton and futsal.
All participants were entered into a raffle draw which took place throughout the morning at random timings, with the winners receiving fun “goodie” bags.
To ensure everyone had a great time, t-shirts in the UAE colors were given to all participants and students were encouraged to wear them whilst participating in the activities. The area was decorated in UAE colors and healthy snacks were provided to all to keep their energy levels up and to demonstrate examples of enjoyable healthy food options.