The HCT-Al Ain Women’s campus (AAW) turned a bright shade of pink when the AAW Student Life Department organized a two-day breast cancer awareness event on October 10-11, 2018.
The two-day event included the following:
- Free medical check-up (blood pressure and blood sugar).
- Free consultation with the “Family Medicine Doctor” clinic.
- Free consultation with a dietitian.
- Educational materials, brochures, information and posters.
- Pink ribbons
- Pink flowers
- Healthy snacks and drinks
- Breast cancer lecture with a Family Medicine doctor to fully educate about self-examination, and any warning signs women need to be aware of for early detection
- Breast cancer books and videos
Khulood Al Nuaimi, a CIS student who participated in the campaign, said: “Breast cancer awareness campaigns are highly needed and important to everyone especially females at our age.”
“They (the students) should know all the signs and what life style to conduct, and to avoid, and detect the disease,” Khulood added.