The HCT- Al Dhafra campuses, at Madinat Zayed and Ruwais, hosted its highly successful and interactive Annual Industry Academic Forum on April 16, which saw area managers and HR managers from 19 different organizations participating.
Dr. Hashim Al Zaabi, HCT Madinat Zayed and Ruwias campuses director, led the event with an interesting presentation on the HCT 2.0 strategy, which covered the following areas:
- A summary of HCT students, employees, the academic and support programs and graduates.
- HCT 2.0 strategy
- Hybrid Education Model
- International Accreditation and Professional Certification
- Innovation space
- 100% graduate employment
Aisha Al Hashmi, a Chemical Engineering student at Ruwais campus, gave a captivating presentation entitled” Women in Engineering-Opportunities and Challenges in Al Dhafra Region of UAE”.
Dr. Hashim Al Zaabi started a very interactive open discussion, which covered topics of:
- The current vacancies in all organizations
- The expected open vacancies in the coming five years in Al Dhafra region
- The Academic degrees and professional certifications needed to fill these positions
- Organizations’ feedback on the level of HCT graduates
- The attendees’ recommendations for any additional academic or skills training
Suggestions for increasing cooperation levels between HCT and Al Dhafra organizations, to fulfill the region’s employment and work needs, were also raised and discussed.
All companies gave their feedback and input on the issues which were discussed, and thanked HCT and the Ruler’s court for the opportunity to discuss the region needs in terms of employment and majors.
The event was a great success, and it has been decided to make it an annual forum for HCT industry partners in Al Dhafra region.