The HCT-Al Ain Men’s campus (AAM) hosted a full program of creative events and activities related to the UAE Innovation Month 2018, which ran from February 1-7 2018.
Launched by His Highness Sheikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice- President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, Innovation Month celebrates the best in ideas on innovation from the spectrum of public and private sectors.
Dr Yahya Al Ansaari, AAM Director, said: “Innovation is the future for survival and our students have to be exposed to different ideas and have the opportunity to be creative.”
Mr. Hazem Kraizim, Specialist Industry Liaison and the manager of the AAM Innovation group, described the innovation-related schedule as exceptional.
“AAM students and staff organized a week full of activities, competitions, workshops, exhibitions and key events in effort to promote innovation and creative thinking. This week, we had 15 projects demonstrated by AAM students, we also witnessed 19 initiative and activity conducted. We have planned to conduct innovation related activities for the whole year, not just during the innovation month as part of our efforts to encourage spirit of innovation and creativity on continues basis,” Mr. Hazem said.
AAM’s students, faculty and staff, organized several activities for the week, which included:
- Students Projects: Demonstration of projects, concepts and prototypes including:
- Green House Model
- Smart Heuristic based Enterprise System
- Smart Attendance System
- Smart Bag Model
- Photovoltaic Panel with Surface Self-cleaning mechanism
- Smart VR Bicycle
- Amphibious Vehicle Project
- Process parameter effects on the Plasma Electrolytic Oxidation (PEO) Coatings
- Rathath- Air Dehumidifier
- Green Energy Materials
- Urea auto distribution
- Smart solar feeding system
- The Wheel of Innovation: a concept on innovation by business students
- Library Breakout Competition: Group of students from different departments locked in library classroom. To breakout, they have to answer challenging questions in innovative way. The fastest group is the winner
- Gahwat El Dhaha: Discussion seminar hosting a companion of late HH Shaikh Zayed. The discussion focus on the problem solving skills of Sheikh Zayed and real examples of innovative decisions, initiatives and projects made/done by him. Followed by Q&A competition
- Pet Care Day: Demonstration of latest veterinary solutions available at Al Ain market in addition to open vet clinic activities and vet competition
- Innovative Industry Needs: latest technological trends in industry
- Blockchain Seminar: Seminar on the Innovative Commercial applications of Blockchain and its importance and future
- Innovative: To be or Not to be: Students debate on Innovative Products
- Creative Zing Sports Competition: Sports competitions for students, faculty and staff using the Zing sports like Snookball and Footdarts
- CNC Work: Computer Aided Manufacture work done by Engineering students
- HCT Talk 2: Discussion Forum featuring keynote speakers discussing future topics like innovation process, people and technology, experimental research, robotics and strategic opportunities
- 3D Printing Demo: Printing of 3D Models like an I-phone case and a spur gear using a 3D Printer. This demonstration showcased the possibilities of 3D printing in the world of design for the present and the future by getting an insight into the process of 3D printing.