The HRM Business faculty at the HCT Ruwais and Madinat Zayed campuses, in collaboration with the Student Careers Department, organized a workshop on “Mastering the Interview Skills and Follow-up Strategy” to help students and alumni succeed in job interviews.
The workshop was delivered by Dr. AbdulQuddus Mohamed, Assistant Professor and HRM Program Coordinator, and saw 41 alumni from the Business and Engineering programs attending with great fervor.
The purpose of the program was to provide an opportunity for graduating students and alumni to get training with interview skills in line with industry standards. The workshop outlined following topics:
- Discuss the differences between Resume, CV and Bio-Data and contents of each document
- Describe different formats of resumes for a fresh graduate
- Explain the contents of a cover letter
- How to research a company in preparation for the interview
- Suitable attitude, grooming, attire, etiquettes, for the job interview
- Identify possible interview questions and develop responses in relation to weaknesses, salary expectations, previous employers, and personal matters
- Identify three personal strengths related to position applied
- Practice a job interview with a colleague and an experienced member (mock interview)
- Writing follow-up thank you letters
The students and alumni were thrilled to be present at the workshop and expressed their desire to attend such programs in future.
“Thanks for the workshop, I really enjoyed it. Dr. Abdul Quddus’ talk was informative and his method of delivery was so easy to receive,” Budoor Husaain Al Ali, a graduate of Bachelor of Applied Science in Engineering Technology, said.
The Business faculty thanked Dr. Hashim Al Zaabi, Director of the Western Region campuses, for his support and guidance in making this program a great success.