The HCT-Al Ain Women’s campus (AAW) celebrated the UAE’s 46th National Day on November 28, with pride, joy and devotion, which saw students, faculty, staff, their families and members of the public enjoy a full program of captivating events from 4-8pm.
The campus was filled with joy, happiness and laughter with every corner decorated in the four colors of our beloved national flag and filled with memories and pictures of the late Shaikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan. His accomplishments, and the story behind the union of the seven Emirates, was captured with photos and famous memorable historical sayings.
Everything that represented the seven Emirate union was celebrated and honored on the AAW campus and the AAW family made sure to celebrate this historical day with every inch of the campus ready and filled with pride and happiness on this beloved occasion, which is dear to everyone’s heart.
The program started with a military band show which included a moving rendition of the UAE’s National anthem. Mrs. Hamsa Saleh Al Ammari, AAW Director, welcomed the audience – campus students and their families and friends, staff, faculty and the public – to the day of vivid celebrations.
“I am honored to extend my warmest congratulations and gratitude to His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, may God preserve him and grant health and wellness to him and his brothers, the Rulers of the UAE and His Highness the Crown Prince,” she declared.
“May God preserve our beloved UAE and bless us with security and stability within this land. Our beloved students, it is a fundamental role that every one of you must play in preserving the achievements of this precious country, especially since you are the future generation and our rulers have high hopes for you, as they have provided you with all with your needs in education, work and home. They did not stop at this limit, but sought to deliver the happiness of every citizen in the land of the UAE,” Mrs. Hamsa added.
“Therefore, I invite you from under the skies of our beloved UAE to do more diligence, to strive towards the paths of science and the paths of innovation and success, and I wish you all permanent victory, expected success, and the desired happiness. This is what our wise rulers of the UAE are looking for, and we will never settle for anything less than the first positions,” she concluded.
The program continued with a performance from the Harbya Emirate band, which performed a traditional UAE dance in celebration of the UAE National Day. The day also included the following activities:
- The Bugsha Bazaar, in which 20 AAW students with small businesses participated to sell and display National Day related items. The Student Council Association also participated in the bazaar by organizing games for kids and asked the audience some UAE general knowledge questions and distributed awards to the winners
- An Art club exhibition introduced live drawings of National Day paintings as well as showcasing previously drawn paintings that represented the union of the seven Emirates
- A best car decoration competition, for which AAW students decorated their cars with a National Day theme and proud words, and the audience voted for the best decorated car
- Traditional live cooking and Halwa cooking demonstrations
- A photo booth with a National Day theme
- The Heritage Emirate tent that included all traditional Emirati items and equipment used in cooking and decorations
- A traditional Emirati dinner