The HCT-Dubai Women’s campus (DBW) organized an Iftar gathering under the “Takreem” initiative for its faculty, staff, and their families, to celebrate and acknowledge their achievements throughout the 2016-2017 Academic Year.
Dr. Tarifa Al Zaabi, Director of DBW, presented the awards to the following staff & faculty:
- The Research & Development Award – presented to Dr. Ammar Natsheh for his significant contributions to their field of research.
- The Innovation Award – presented to Pushpa Sadhwani for making an innovative contribution which led to an improvement of the college and making DBW a better place at which to work.
- The Professional & Personal Development Award – presented to Bharti Pandya for taking up professional or personal development courses, beyond HCT mandatory requirements, during the academic year.
- The Community Outreach & Engagement Award – presented to Raja Abu Jabr for devoting her time, talents and expertise, in serving the public and making significant, demonstrable and direct contributions to the local and community’s wellbeing.
- The Student Empowerment Champion – presented to Ramakrishnan Raman for his extraordinary achievements in extracurricular activities with students and the college community.
- The Director’s Award (Best Department/Division) – presented to the Business Division for the best academic and student extracurricular achievements.
- The Director’s Award (Faculty or Staff) – presented to Dr. Ghassoub Mustafa for exhibiting exemplary performance and special efforts which are significantly beyond his regular duty requirements, and which directly relates to fulfilling the DBW & HCT mission and vision.
The end of academic year Iftar event was enjoyed by all and ended on a light note with a fun raffle draw of a range of prizes. The DBW management took the opportunity to wish all employees a restful summer break.