The HCT-Dubai Women’s campus (DBW) held its annual Takreem Partners Awards Ceremony on May 23, which honoured employers and community partners for their outstanding support of the college during the 2016-2017 academic year.
Each year, the ceremony recognizes employers who support the college’s strategic goals and initiatives, particularly with respect to assisting the DBW graduating students. The event also celebrates the fruitful and abiding partnerships the college establishes with many national and international entities and organizations, and which highlight the success of students and graduates.
The event was attended by Consul. Heejung Moon and Consul. Kyumin Kim from the Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Dubai, Eng. Fatma AlHashemi – Director of Educational Excellence – FABLAB, Abdeen Al Awadi – Manager – Bait Al Kheir, First Lieutenant Omar Al Muhairi – Dubai Police, along with representatives from Community Development Authority, Dubai Health Authority, Dubai schools, banking and business sectors.
Dr. Tarifa Al Zaabi, DBW Director, in her welcome address acknowledged and appreciated partners including employers and schools.
“Through the Takreem Partners award ceremony, we aim to recognize partners who support DBW to pave the way for our graduates and to achieve the HCT 2.0 strategic goals. Our graduates face tough competition in the market place and hence we no longer look at only academic development but also at the holistic development of our students. Today we are recognizing partners who have helped in achieving this goal, whether it may be through financial support or leadership development opportunities, which is not only an HCT goal but a goal of this country as well,” Dr Tarifa said.
The Takreem Partners Awards Ceremony presented awards in the following categories:
- Dubai Municipality, Al Hikma Kindergarten, Community Development Authority and FABLAB were awarded the Industry Based Learning Award. This award is presented to partners who have made significant contributions to student learning through academic course development, training programmes, working with students on assigned projects and educational initiatives;
- Bait Al Khair Society, which provided financial support in the form of providing laptops to students throughout the academic year, was awarded the Corporate Social Responsibility Award (Students’ Financial Support Category);
- Emirates Red Crescent and Dubai Police were awarded the Corporate Social Responsibility Award (Event Sponsors Category). This category of awards recognizes partners who provide financial, administrative, marketing and informational support to various events, activities and projects organized by DBW that add value to the students’ learning;
- The Emirates Festival of Literature was awarded a Youth Leadership Program Award. This award recognizes partners who provide empowerment and educate youth on added value topics;
- The Scholarship Award was presented to DUCAB, Dubai Health Authority and Emirates Global Aluminum for providing funding for students’ education directly through sponsorship programmes, where students are given opportunities to earn a monthly income in addition to a challenging meaningful learning experience in their field of study;
- Sakina Bint Al Hussain Secondary Girls School was presented with the Schools’ Partnership Award (High Market Share Category) in recognition for providing the highest market share of current students at DBW;
- Asma bint Al Nouman Model School for Secondary Education was awarded the Schools’ Partnership Award (High Achievers Category) in recognition for the share of current high achieving students at DBW.
- The Employer of the Year Award was presented to Dubai Electricity & Water Authority (DEWA), which supported DBW youth leadership programmes, student learning through academic course development, events and volunteering experiences, as well as for their ongoing support to HCT in general.
- Recognition certificates for on-going support were awarded to:
- Emirates NBD Bank
- Emirates Down Syndrome Association
- Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Dubai
- Ciel Events
- Dubai Airports
- Robert Bosh
- Department of Economic Development
- Dubai Courts
- Dubai Duty Free
- Serco Dubai Metro
- Emirates Group
- Ontario International Canadian School
- Salma Al Ansaria School
- Al Futtaim Group
- NMC Healthcare
- Telecommunications Regulatory Authority; and
- Dubai Women’s Association