Faculty and staff at the HCT-Madinat Zayed and Ruwais campuses have started delivering volunteer training sessions to SEHA employees in the Western Region, in support of the UAE’s Year of Giving initiative.
Created at the direction of, and support from, Dr Hashim Al Zaabi, Western Region campuses Director, the first training session was delivered by Ruwais Women’s campus Business faculty Suzan Abuhalawah to 25 employees from different departments of Western Region hospitals.
The seminar, entitled “Business Ethics”, took place at Western Madinat Zayed hotel on March 13, and had the following Training Objectives/Learning Outcomes:
- Teaches employees to be able to spot ethical issues before they become a problem and how to handle the issues as they come up
- Trains employees to act in accordance with the Code of Ethics/Code of Conduct
- Reinforces that the organization stands by the Code of Ethics/Code of Conduct and that employees’ continued employment can depend on their acting in compliance with the policies
- Sensitizes employees to avoiding the appearance of ethical conflicts and taking into account the “big picture” before determining the correct course of action.
- Discusses with employees the concept of corporate social responsibility
By the end of the session a deep discussion was held about some ethical cases the employees face at the workplace and what actions they take to resolve them.