The HCT-Al Ain Women’s campus (AAW) family have showcased just how happy they all are, by hosting and participating in a full-day of events to mark International Happiness Day on March 20.
A happiness committee, chaired by Mrs. Hamsa Saleh Al Ammari AAW Director, was set up to make sure AAW is spreading joy and creating happy memories on the International Day of Happiness.
Every member of the campus contributed a heart-felt effort; everyone wanted to give and be the reason behind smiley faces that day, while the day’s activities aimed to spread the energy of giving, gratitude and positivity.
Mrs. Hamsa Saleh Al Ammari said: “UAE Leaders have taught us all to give and be thankful for the uncountable blessings we have. They have taught us to take care of each other and to create happiness to one another, and I am proud to follow their steps.”
“The International Day of Happiness is one of the best chances to do that. The AAW family has worked hard to create happiness and positivity and to teach our students that achieving true happiness comes from giving and sharing it with others,” Mrs. Hamsa added.
The day’s activities, which started at 1pm and ran until 6.30pm, were as follows:
- AAW Stage of Happiness, where students, faculty and staff shared their feelings about the things that make them happy
- AAW Happiness Café (coffee +1) – In order to have a cup of coffee you had to invite someone else by sending him/her a card expressing your thankful feelings
- Happiness Photography Booth
- Soul happiness activities that drive negativity away (yoga and massage sessions)
- Wall of Happiness – where everyone got to express their true wishes and happy feelings
- Movie Night
Al Yazia Al Otaibi, AAW Student Services Supervisor said: “I always try to make people happy and energized because i found this as my source of positivity and happiness. This day was a true joy to me, to see the happiness amongst us all was so dear to my heart.”
Mariam Jihad, AAW Engineering student, said: “Such a day to remember! The energy and the atmosphere on that day were beyond words. Everyone was glowing and happy, you made us all happy and we delivered it to others as well. I would say it’s a great success – happiness was made and delivered on that day!”