The Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT) is working with the Dubai Electricity & Water Authority to promote and participate in the Earth Hour 2015 events on Saturday March 28, 2015, which are held under the patronage of HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of the Dubai Executive Council, Dubai Electricity and Water Authority.
The Earth Hour 2015 eventsare held under the umbrella of the Dubai Supreme Council of Energy and Emirates Wildlife Society (EWS), in association with the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) and in cooperation with MASAT Property Management.
The HCT will participate in this worthy event which promotes cost-effective consumption of energy sources and sustainability throughout its campuses and facilities by adopting a number of initiatives.
All HCT staff, faculty and students are urged to join in the Earth Hour 2015 initiatives by doing the following:
- Visiting www.earthhour.org to register your college or department, or as individuals
- Switching off non-essential lights and electric appliances in HCT campuses and facilities during Earth Hour from 8.30 pm to 9.30 pm on Saturday, 28 March 2015.
- Staff, faculty and students can get involved in the Earth Hour Walkathon and other activities being held at Dubai’s Bay Avenue Park, Business Bay from 8.30pm to promote the message of environmental sustainability
- Follow HCT’s involvement on our social media outlets, following #EarthHour, and share your thoughts and ideas by posting your comments and photos
- You can also visit #earthhourdubai and #switchoff to post ideas, images, comments and feedback
The Earth Hour Walkathon will also commence at 8:30pm and be joined by government departments and institutions, businesses, universities and schools alongside other community members.
The HCT community can join the global movement by switching off your non-essential lights for one hour on March 28, 2015 to show that the HCT community cares about the planet and the environment.
Don’t forget to visit www.earthhour.org for more details about how we can all make a difference for Earth Hour.