The HCT Ras Al Khaimah is calling on all budding jewellery designers, from current HCT students and HCT alumni, to create a commemorative pin or brooch to celebrate the 40th Anniversary
of the formation of the United Arab Emirates.
The competition which closes on October 27, 2011 will see major prizes on offer for the best judged entries, being as follows:
First: AED 10,000
Second: AED 7,000
Third: AED 5,000
The winners will be announced and notified on November 3, 2011. In addition the designer of the first-placed entry will have his or her design produced.
Entrants must comply with the following rules and requirements:
- Entrants are required to register online
- Printed images of your work should clearly illustrate the design’s development and an explanation of your inspirations and/or research process.
- All individual items should be clearly marked (on the back of the designs with your name(s), college, course, name of your academic chair, and year of study.
- All entries to be submitted to the Student Services Office at the students’/alumna’s college by close of business on October 27, 2011.
- Top and bottom should be marked with entrant’s name.
- The design should make reference to 40 years of the United Arab Emirates and incorporate the HCT acronym or the HCT logo.
- A maximum of two entries per person will be accepted (max 3 sheets of A4)
- An extended abstract (500 – 1,000 words) describing your design and any design principles or theories that have influenced your approach to this project.
- The original format of the design will only be accepted on a CD.
- The design must be in an A4 (210 x 297 mm) size and full colour allowed
- The design should demonstrate imagination, creativity and
- Judging will take place in the HCT Ras Al Khaimah Colleges.
- Copyright: The intellectual property rights (designs, etc.) in all designs submitted in the competition remain with the student. However, the HCT reserves the right to use designs for exhibition purposes and to reproduce them in on the website, in press releases and in any other publicity material.