The widely anticipated campus event, Ajiyaluna: Learning Showcase, will take place on the Abu Dhabi Women’s College (ADWC) on Monday, 17 December 2007 from 10am to 3pm. The event will showcase the academic achievements of ADWC students as well as provide a bridge between parents and the campus community.
“Ajiyaluna” is the Arabic word for “our generation” and provides an opportunity for students to show their parents, guardians and the community what they have achieved and the quality of the work they have produced throughout their academic career.
The following activities are planned for the day:
- Parent/Faculty Conferences;
- Student Projects from the IT, Education, Business, Health and Applied Media departments;
- The Business Students’ Charity Bazaar, including over 24 booths of items for sale with all proceeds going to Islamic Relief Worldwide;
- The Well-Woman Event, sponsored by the Health Sciences department;
- The Student Art Exhibit, showcasing original artwork by our students and providing live demonstrations of works in progress;
- The Applied Media Showcase, exhibiting graphic art and design projects;
- The Technology and Teaching Exhibition, showing the latest trends in teaching and learning;
- The General Education Corner, displaying a variety of subjects taught on the ADWC campus;
- Student Entrepreneur Booths, displaying the innovative business ideas our students have designed; and
- Alumni Entrepreneur Booths, providing information on the businesses currently owned and operated by ADWC graduates.
In addition, visitors will be able to tour the library and view the extensive collection of books available to students. Visitors will also have a chance to take part in live, on-air radio interviews as students showcase the state-of-the art equipment in ADWC’s production company, ADWConcepts.