The Sharjah Higher Colleges of Technology hosted the award ceremony of the fifth Habib Al Redha Media Innovation Award on Tuesday May 21.
The fifth round of this annual competition received this year 462 submissions from 309 students across 19 different educational institutes and campuses in the UAE. A panel of 50 judges was engaged in the challenging process of evaluating the entries.
The award is named after the late Habib Mohammed Habib Al Redha in recognition of his contributions to media in the United Arab Emirates; the award is an annual competition that aims to encourage creative competitiveness among media students and to enhance the standard of media graduates in the UAE.
The students were awarded by Dr. Tayeb Kamali, Vice Chancellor of the Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT), accompanied by Dr. Hussein, Mr. Khalid and Mr. Mohammed, sons of the late Dr. Mohammed Habib Al Reda.
- Graphic Design:
- 1st place: Asma Hassouni – Sharjah Women’s College
- 2nd place: Tayma Bittard – American University of Sharjah
- 3rd place: Yasmeen Salehi – American University of Sharjah
- Interactive Multimedia:
- 1st place: Irfan Ghani – American University in Dubai
- 2nd place: Khaled Al Shamsi – Abu Dhabi Men’s College
- 3rd place: Bader Al Banna – American University in Emirates
- 1st place: Khaula Alloughani and Noura Jasmi – Sharjah Women’s College
- 2nd place: Bissan Mustafa and Tayma Bittard – American University of Sharjah
- 3rd place: Ahlam Khalil, Maryam Al Shamsi and Nouf Mohammed – Sharjah Women’s College
- 1st place: Hazza BaniMalek – Ras Al Khaimah Men’s College
- 2nd place: Rawand Shehada – UAE University
- 3rd place: Mohammed Ahli – Dubai Men’s College
- 1st place: Marwan Alhammadi and Saeed Alemadi – Dubai Men’s College
- 2nd place: Deena Stevens, Naima Abdelwahed and Samar Idris – American University of Sharjah
- 3rd place: Alanoud Ali – American University of Sharjah
- Journalism/ Print Media:
- 1st place: Nadia Eldemerdash – American University of Sharjah
- 2nd place: Alanoud Alsaadi – Sharjah University
- 3rd place: Ayesha Almazroui – Zayed University – Abu Dhabi
- Short Film:
- 1st place: Omnia ElAfifi – American University of Sharjah
- 2nd place: Eman Al Suwaidi – Sharjah Women’s College
- 3rd place: Sarah Zohair – American University of Sharjah
- Public Relations:
- 1st place: Anoud Al Ali – Sharjah Women’s College
- Broadcast Journalism:
- 1st place: Nasra Abdulla, Eman Khalifa, Latifa Khalfan, Mariam Salim, Shaima Faraj, Shaikha Humaid, Eman Yousuf, Fatima Abdulrahim and Fatima Obaid – Sharjah Women’s College
“The late Habib Al Redha has served as director of Dubai TV as well as assistant undersecretary of the Ministry of Media and Culture in the Northern Emirates until his death in 2003. This annual award is a tribute to his contribution to the development of media in the UAE”, declared Mr. Khalid Al Redha, Chairman of the Habib Award.
Prizes and awards in each category include 5,000, 4,000 and 3,000 dirhams respectively.
Dr Farid Ohan, Director of the Sharjah Higher Colleges was very happy with the strong level of participation and added “this is the first year that this competition is opened to all media and communications students in all the UAE Higher education institutes and we at the Sharjah Higher Colleges are honored to host this prestigious media award”.