Twelve Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT) students are currently participating in a two-week training program in China, with telecommunications giant Huawei Technologies.
The computer networking and electronic engineering students from the HCT’s Al Ain, Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah Men’s Colleges were nominated by their colleges and are currently undertaking the Telecommunication Fundamental Training program at Huawei’s technical training center in Shenchen, China. The group will return to Abu Dhabi in another week.
The training program focuses on areas such as switching, routing, and mobile technology solutions provided by Huawei.
HCT Vice Chancellor Dr Tayeb Kamali noted that although this was the first group of students to go on such a training trip with Huawei, plans were already in the works for another group to go again in the coming months. He also commented on outstanding opportunity this program afforded the students.
“This is an excellent opportunity for our students to expand their knowledge, and get more practical exposure in the technologies provided by Huawei,” Dr Kamali said.
The students currently participating in the training program are:
- Abdulla Qasem Mohammed Mohammed Al Faqeeh – Al Ain Men’s College
- Ahmed Omar Abdulla Mehri Al Kather – Al Ain Men’s College
- Hamad Khalifa Suwaidan Bakhit Al Nuaimi – Al Ain Men’s College
- Imran Abdulla Hasan Abdulla Al Marzoogi – Abu Dhabi Men’s College
- Mohamed Ali Mohamed Eid Aldahham Al Mansoori – Abu Dhabi Men’s College
- Sultan Mohamed Ahmed Salem Saleh Al Ameri – Abu Dhabi Men’s College
- Abdulla Amin Abdulla Al Mudharreb – Dubai Men’s College
- Abdulla Mohamed Abdulla Mohamed – Dubai Men’s College
- Abdulrahman Yaqoub Yousuf Abdulrahman Bin Hafe – Dubai Men’s College
- Ali Abdalla Ali Mohamed Abdelrahman Ali Al Ansari – Sharjah Men’s College
- Faisal Abdalla Hassan Abdalla Al Obaidli – Sharjah Men’s College
- Majid Ahmed Abdalla Ahmed Al Khumairi – Sharjah Men’s College.